Rules for abstract submission
1) Please register for the event through the website. Fees do not have to be paid at the time of registration; payments can be made after acceptance of your abstract has been confirmed.
IMPORTANT: All abstracts must be submitted through the official Congress website.
2) Log in to the restricted area with the username and password that you have selected during registration.
3) Click on “Restricted - My Abstracts” on the left side of the page.
4) Follow the instructions on the screen to access the abstract submission form. Fill in all fields of the online form. 5) The submission of an abstract implies acceptance of the rules of submission, review, selection and assignment to specific presentation format, awards and commitment of presentation. Please indicate your agreement by ticking the respective box. By accepting the rules, you will not be able to present future contestations.
6) After submitting your abstracts, click on "Log out".
7) After submitting the abstract, the submitter will receive an email confirming the information provided. Please check if all information is correct. If there is any mistake, log in to the restricted area again and make the necessary changes. Changes are only possible until submission deadline.
8) The author must complete all fields in the online form. All communications related to the scientific work will be sent only to this author through the registered e-mail.
9) If you do not receive the automatic confirmation email of the submission on the same day, the abstract has not been submitted correctly. In this case, please send an email to (email@example.com) reporting your problem.
10) To access the event website again, just use your username and password. In case you do not remember your login data, use the “forgot your password?” option at the top of the page.
» Echocardiography of acquired heart diseases
» Echocardiography of congenital heart diseases
» Vascular Ultrasound
» Cardiovascular imaging
• Abstracts can be submitted only in English.
• The deadline for abstract submission is: Thursday, June 22, 2017
• The official language of the Congress is English.
• There is no limit of abstracts per author. Nonetheless, one author is only allowed to present
up to two abstracts.
• There is no limit of institutions, one main author and fourteen other co-authors will be allowed
per abstract (total of 15 authors). Please list the authors in the desired order.
• The results of will be published in the author's restricted area in the "My Abstracts" menu on
Tuesday, August 08, 2017.
• After receiving confirmation of acceptance, the submitting person of the abstract should
confirm payment of registration fees until 18/09/2017. The presentation must be made by the
one indicated when submitting the work. If it is not possible, another author of the work should
make the presentation, as long as he is enrolled in the event and has paid the registration fee.
• Registration fees are listed in the “Registration” menu of the congress website and are
independent of the approval date of the abstract. In order to guarantee any discount, payment
of the fees needs to be made within the deadlines.
Affirmation of Originality and Copyrights transfer statement
• The submitter certifies that he/she has permission from all persons enters as co-authors
to be listed in this abstract and that they are aware that their names will appear in all
• By submitting your paper to the event (DIC, EACVI and ASE), you consent to have
authors’ names, affiliation and biographical material used in connection with the
• Author(s) represents and warrants that he/she/they is/are sole author(s) of the work,
that all authors have participated in and agree with the content and conclusions of the
work, and that the work is original and does not infringe upon any copyright,
proprietary, or personal right of any third party.
• The submitter hereby affirms that the work submitted is original, except for extracts
from copyrighted works fully authorized by the copyright holders, and that all
statements declared as facts are based on thorough examination and investigation for
• Submitted abstracts should not have been published in any other journals and/or online
publications nor presented at any previous international congress. However, former
presentation at national meetings and/or non cardiovascular specialists meetings does
• The content belongs to the author(s). However, if the abstract is accepted the submitter
agrees, on behalf of all co-authors, to transfer and assign the rights to edit, publish,
reproduce, distribute copies and prepare derivative works such as press releases.
Author(s) retain the right, after presentation at the Congress, to subsequently include
the work in articles, books, or derivative works that he/she authors or edits, provided
said use does not imply the endorsement of the organiser The submitter signs for all coauthors.
He/she accepts responsibility for the present rules for submission and
presentation on behalf of all co-authors.
Please note: all materials produced on basis of the abstracts (such as publications in scientific
journals) will be faithful reproduction of the information submitted by the author. Therefore, it
is not possible to change title, summary or authors after submission deadline. We emphasize
that all provided information is of entire responsibility of the submitting author.
Instructions for Abstract preparation
• The title of the paper should be in a concise and descriptive manner, with a maximum of 200
characters. The first letter of each word in the title must be uppercase.
• The abstract should not have more than 3000 characters including spaces; Copy and paste
from Word is possible. Nonetheless, configuration errors are possible. Please check thoroughly
before submitting your texts.
• The name of the Institutions where the work was developed must be written in full. The first
letter of each word must be uppercase. There should be no abbreviations.
• The abstracts must obey the following rules of typing and formatting:
- Original paper: Introduction, Objectives, Methodology, Results and Conclusions.
- Case Reports: Introduction, Case Description, and Comments.
• Considering that case reports make an important contribution to the exchange experience
between professionals, Scientific Committee recommends that only send reports of common
cases with atypical evolution or rare cases of major relevance.
• Bibliographic references should not be included.
• The Institution or Institutions where the research was done, as well as the names of the
authors, should NOT be mentioned in the body of the text.
• The abstract contents should be associated with the topic selected.
• Graphs and tables will be accepted. Please submit in PDF format.
• Results using statements such as “results will be presented” or “data will be analyzed” will not
• Trade names are not allowed, only generic drug names, written in lowercase letters.
Abstracts will be reviewed by four peer-reviewers. The reviewer will give individual notes fom
0-10 on the following criteria. Grades will not be published after the evaluation:
- Scientific / clinical interest;
- Methodology employed;
- Consistency in the description of results, objectives and conclusions;
- Presentation of data;
- Writing and correct use of language.
Instructions for Approved Abstracts and Publications
• The abstracts will be published in the Revista Arquivos Brasileiros de Imagem Cardiovascular
and in the other electronic media of the DIC, exactly the way they were submitted. The
publication is a form of proof for curricular purposes.
• After the evaluation, information about day and time of the presentation will be available
in the restricted area of the submitting author and previously stipulated in the scientific
program of the congress.
All accepted abstracts will be presented on digital poster format.
Submission deadline for digital posters through the Congress website is: 22/09/2017
Presentation time is 5 minutes, followed by 5 minutes for discussion and questions.
The Scientific Committee will designate on-site the Evaluation Commission that will visit the
abstracts and it is mandatory the presence of one of the authors at the specified time for the
Please note: Submission of an abstract constitutes a formal commitment by the author(s) to
present the work if accepted. Failure to present the poster, if not justified (withdrawn), will be
identified as “no-show” and will jeopardize future acceptance of abstracts. In addition, abstracts
identified as “no-show” will be removed from all Congress publications.
Guidelines for Poster Format
1) The digital poster file must be created in PowerPoint (Windows version) and should be
27,5 cm wide X 48,9 cm high. Only create a single slide, in portrait format, with a
maximum of 2MB.
2) Save the document in JPEG format – click on “Save as” and then “Other formats”
3) There is no requirement as to the number of characters, color and font. Figures and
graphics may be included. Please make sure that text and graphic are well readable.
4) To send the poster file, the abstract submitter needs to enter his/her restricted area and
click on “My abstracts”. Click on the following link below the abstract title: [insert
5) The poster file can be edited until the submission deadline by clicking on the link [edit
6) The author must inform an e-mail address at the end of the e-poster.
7) It is possible to add a video to the poster as well. Video length should be limited to 30
a. Access YouTube: www.youtube.com
b. Create a new account or log on to an existing account.
c. Click on the “Send video” button on the top of the page
d. Choose a video saved on your computer. YouTube accepts the following file
i. AVI (Audio Video Interleaved)
ii. 3GP (Mobile Phones)
iii. MOV (Mac)
iv. MP4 (iPod/PSP)
v. MPEG or MPG (Motion Picture Experts Group)
vi. FLV (Adobe Flash)
vii. SWF (Shockwave Flash)
viii. M4V (h.264)
ix. WMV (Windows Media Video)
x. WEBM (HTML5)
e. Click on “Upload Video”.
f. Enter the details. Required information includes the title of the video, the
description of the video, the category the video belongs to and its tags.
g. Change the Privacy Settings of the video to “not listed”. This way, the video will
only be visible to whom has the link.
h. Enter the Advanced Options and choose whether comments can be made below
the video or not
i. Click on the “Save” button. All settings will be in place once the video is
j. In order to save the video link in the poster file, click on “Share Video” and copy
the provided link into the poster file.
Conflict of interest
• It is mandatory to display the conflict of interests related to the abstract at the bottom of the
poster slide, indicating disclosure information for all coauthors. Please state "None" if no
• This will allow the audience to take potential conflicts of interest into account when assessing
the objectivity of the presentation.
• A potential conflict of interest may arise from various relationships, past or present, such as
employment, consultancy, investments and stock ownership, funding for research, family
• This pertains to relationships with pharmaceutical companies, biomedical device
manufacturers, or other corporations whose products or services are related to the subject
matter of the article.
• Such relationships include, but are not limited to, employment by an industrial concern,
ownership of stock, membership on a standing advisory council or committee, being on the
board of directors, or being publicly associated with the company or its products.
• Other areas of real or perceived conflict of interest could include receiving honoraria or
consulting fees or receiving grants or funds from such corporations or individuals representing
To be defined.
After the end of Congress, the certificates of approved abstracts will be available to the
submitting author. To print or download, you must access the "Certificates" area, located
on the congress homepage, enter the registered e-mail and fill in the "Satisfaction Survey".
Important: the certificates will not be sent directly by email.
• Only one certificate will be issued per abstract. They will be printed following the registered
order of authors.
• At least one of the authors must be registered and attend the congress to receive the